>>Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:48:51 -0700
>>To: LyX User <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
>>CC: Ares <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: htlatex html conversion best methods
>>From: Steve Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>I recently became curious about the best way to produce a web page
>>from LyX->export as Latex (.tex) and conversion to html and .png
>>code for a web page with "htlatex example.tex"->example.htm + .pngs.
>>I asked Ekkehart about this issue arising from a recent post of his:

[...]
>>SH: So I tried substituting/converting newfile0x.png with ImageMagick
>>to newfile0x.jpg and viewing it, and the result looked pretty good.
>>Next I made a simple .htm (which is text) file to see how it looked
>>in a browser. It looked good in both Firefox and IE. I've included
>>the files used in case anyone want to test it. The .htm files point
>>to C:\uploads, so the files should be saved there; or with Linux
>>save to the directory of choice, but edit the .htm file to show it.

I can see no difference here between newfile0x.png and newfile0x.jpg, so I
would
rather use the png file to be able to make it transparent.
intop.png seems to have been resized: usually the bimapped image is OK
if you avoid resizing.

>>A thesis might have 175+ equations in it, which are all converted
>>to .png files by htlatex. Supposing all these .png files are found
>>in ~/thesis, or C:\thesis, they need to be converted automatically
>>to the new .jpg format. Assuming ImageMagick is in the Path, then
>>from the ~/thesis command line, "convert *.png *.jpg" should work
>>in both Linux and Windows/Dos to change the extension of every
>>.png file to its .jpg counterpart.
>>
>>Then all the occurrences of *.png need to be changed to *.jpg in
>>the thesis.htm (text file). I think most quality text editors can
>>perform such a Search/Replace, input *.png, output *.jpg through
>>the entire document, which should then display as well as the
>>sample newfilejpg.htm which is attached.

If you prefer jpg, it would be better to hack the tex4ht configuration file,
where conversions are described; this should take care of everything:
image format and file name in html files.

HTH

--
Jean-Pierre