Steve Litt wrote:

> On Monday 26 June 2006 11:42 am, Bennett Helm wrote:
>> On Jun 26, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
>> > Hi Yaron,
>> >
>> > I've never used LyX 1.4.x, but from what I understand they've made
>> > LyX support
>> > multiple graphics libraries, whereas in the old days it was just
>> > Xforms. See
>> > if there's any way to configure your LyX so it uses Xforms rather
>> > than KDE
>> > bloated stuff like that.
>>
>> This is not possible on Mac (natively).
>
> Curious -- is it possible on Linux?

Of course - at compile time. What Bennet probably meant was that if you want
a native Mac LyX with Aqua GUI you have only one choice: qt. You can of
course use LyX xforms via the X server if you want to. I don't know if
anybody did it, but assume that xforms is available via fink.

> I'd really hate to have a great
> product slide backwards just to make a prettier screen and more "KDE
> interoperability" or "Gnome interoperability", whatever those are.
>
> Is the default graphics library on LyX 1.4 Qt?

Yes.

> Ughh. Is Xforms still
> available?

Yes, but probably not in 1.5 when it comes out.

Georg