I'm stumped. I read the fancyhdr section in TLC2, tried all relevant
examples, and still cannot get the running header to display the appropriate
section and subsction _titles_ when using starred sectioning. If I use
\thesection and \thesubsection, I get 0 and 0.0 in the correct positions, but
I cannot extract the names. I've tried the extramarks package, and redefining
\sectionmark and \subsectionmark, but without success.

  Is it possible to get a running head with the section and subsection names
when using unnumbered sectioning?

Thanks,

Rich