Eitan Gurari wrote:
Steve,

The command

     htlatex demoarticle "html,jpg"

asks for bitmaps in jpg format.  Looks like an improper G
configuration in tex4ht.env forces png code.  Can you show me the
tex4ht.env file in use and a segment of messages of the following form
issued onto the stdio stream.

   System call: dvips ....
System return: 0 System call: /usr/local/magick-6.2.4-6/bin/convert -trim +repage ...
System return: 0
-eitan

> Yes, I found that in the log file after you pointed it out, thanks. It > changes the html source code properly, so no need of Search & Replace. > > But first it seems it is needed to generate the .png files with htlatex. > > 1. copy demoarticle.tex (or something.tex) and drawing.eps to C:\demo
 > 2. "htlatex demoarticle.tex" to produce the .png files and html.
 > 3. "htlatex demoarticle.tex "html,jpg" changes the names in source code
 > 4. "mogrify  -format jpg  *.png" change all the .png to .jpg keeps .png
> > ImageMagicks mogrify batches a wizard's spell within the htlatex potion.

ImageMagick-6.2.8-0-Q16-windows-static.exe about 20mb
also failed the same way. I had to run htlatex demoarticle.tex,
then mogrify to change the .pngs to .jpg in order for it to work.

Regards,
Stephen