Rich>   Even if I append my key bindings to the latest cua.bind, don't
Rich> I still need to figure out syntactical changes? For example,
Rich> prior function name was 'spellchecker' while the new function
Rich> name is 'display-show spellchecker.' So, if I use the old
Rich> function name it still won't work as expected. No?

You are right. What I mean is that, by using "\bind_file cua" in your
.bind file, you are sure that it will use the current version of
cua.bind, not an old copy. This means that you only have to fix your
own bindings when upgrading.

JMarc