Jose' Matos wrote:
On Tuesday 11 July 2006 20:50, Sven Schreiber wrote:
For me the keyboard is not responding in lyx anymore after that. Can
anybody confirm this? Is it known?

  I do not remember such bug report. :-(
I would like to hear from other windows users. If the bug is not there it should be filled in bugzilla to be fixed in 1.4.2.

Ctrl-shift-left may be stupid to use, but I was just following a hunch...

Not stupid at all, it selects text from your current position to left. I guess that this was your hunch.

this is 1.4.1 on windows with official installer

  It works on linux, I have been using it all day. :-)

thanks,
sven

Good day José,

After reading your post, I tested again and this is
not fixed in 1.4.2. It isn't much of a bug.

This is an example line.

{If I type in ctrl-shift-leftarrow down here, start of a
new paragraph, and I have entered no text, blank in other
words, then the blue highlight reverts back to the end of

This is an example line.(<-- begins blue highlight)

and if you type in it, then it will segfault lyx. If you have
typed more than one paragraph with words it works normally.}

But again, if you have typed three paragraphs and then
type "ctrl-shift-leftarrow" at the beginning of a new
paragraph which has no words (blank) then it will segfault.

It means that if you end a paragraph by using enter, then
you can't change your mind with "ctrl-shift-leftarrow" and
before you start your new paragraph. You can go back with
your mouse to the end of the previous paragraph and
"ctrl-shift-leftarrow" will work normally. I am something
of a keyboard purist, but I normally use Edit/Undo to
reverse my last step; but Alt-e-u will Undo, take you
back to the end of the previous paragraph (reverses enter)
and then "ctrl-shift-leftarrow" will work as expected.

It may have seemed if I wrote in too much detail. But you
reported it worked on Linux and I have the most excellent
FC4, and it malfunctions just as reported:

This is the first paragraph. <enter>

begins the second paragraph = blank: -> ctrl-shift-leftarrow

goes back to the end of the first paragraph and freezes the
machine. Shortly afterwards it exited with the same error
message that I reported for Cygwin Lyx 1.4.1 and it segfaults
in Joost's windows 1.4.2 also, but the error screen exits too
fast to see the text. This message is from FC4/Cygwin Lyx1.4.1.

--------------------------------------

$ lyx
LyX: Attempting to save document newfile1.lyx
 /cygdrive/c/home/newfile1.lyx.emergency
  Save seems successful. Phew.

lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX. Please read the
bug-reporting instructions in Help->Introduction and
send us a bug report, if necessary. Thanks !
Bye.
Aborted (core dumped)

Is the upgrade to FC5 *strongly recommended*?
Stephen