From: Rich Shepard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Upgrade to 1.4.2: Semi-classic UI
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:24:39 -0700 (PDT)

  This is interesting: I just upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 (for no
particular reason), and now I have a mix of the "classic" and "default"
interfaces. The menu structure is the way it was prior to 1.4.x, but the
icons are on two lines (the new look) rather than a single line (the way I
prefer them).

In 1.4.1 changing the UI from "default" to "classic" worked. Now it's not
and I don't understand why. The files are still in /usr/local/share/lyx/ui
and are timestamped today.

  Any thoughts?

Rich

Thanks for pointing out the "default" vs. "classic" settings. I didn't even know those existed. That setting, for me (1.4.2, Qt interface, on linux), doesn't change the icon placements at all, though -- it just rearranges where in the top-level menus things like "Reconfigure" get placed. The thing that determines one or two lines of icons is how wide the window is. Once they all fit on one line, that's where they go. At least for me :)

       Curtis O.