>> What can I do to pregenerate this at installation time? (Especially
>> since that share/lyx/doc may be a read-only location on the package
>> destination.)

Jose'>   This is done at installation time, or else the script would
Jose'> need several privileges.

This should not be done at installation time with 1.4.2 and spec files
should _not_ invoke configure anymore!

The LaTeXConfig.lyx file will be created automatically in each user's
.lyx/doc/ directory.

Jose'>   Reading the rpm spec file I see there this bit:

Jose'> %post ... cd %{_datadir}/lyx && ./configure > /dev/null 2>&1
Jose'> ||:

This in particular should go away.

JMarc