Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Steve Harris wrote:

SH: I guess that doesn't explain why you having the Python
subdir under LyX works ok, but I have to delete that
subdir before Tex Information works right.

Paul: I have the full Python 2.3 on my system path (relatively early). It's also on my LyX path prefix, near the front. This is inherited from 1.4.1; I don't know if the 1.4.2 installer would put the full Python directory in the path prefix on its own. Have you tried that?

/Paul

Aha! You are still the Professor! If I put C:\python243 at the
beginning of Path_prefix it runs Tex Information immediately and
also will do a Rescan later. *Also*, this solves the missing
Latex (plain)->HTML converter that I also discovered because
of the htlatex topics. If I put C:\python243 at the end of the
Path_prefix string (after Imagemagick here) then the Tex Info
still fails and also Rescan fails. My Latex->HTML converter
disappears too (a Reconfigure needs to be run).

I'm not quite sure why your idea worked. When Angus mentored
me on this I must have flunked. I thought that LyX copied
the Windows PATH and then appended the Path_prefix string
to it internally... maybe it used to work that way.

So that was the difference in our environments, mine didn't
have the system Python near the beginning of LyX Path_prefix.

That indicates the Lyx local python package is broken a bit,
because I don't think you are using it. Maybe if you temp
removed your system Python from LyX Path_prefix, or even
put it at the end, then your Rescan would fail too since
it would be relying on the local lyx python package.
The local lyx python.exe seems to be OK, it is the script.
I've filed a bug report. Since it works on Linux I suppose
it is an EOL thing or \ vs /; my install dirs has no spaces.

Best regards,
Stephen