On 7/18/06, Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For LyX-1.4.x, you must use Qt-3.x (latest is 3.3.6) and gcc-3.3.
I've never tried building Qt except as static, though I don't see why
that wouldn't work.

If I used a shared version, the linker complained (sorry, didn't keep
the error).
I finally compiled everything with gcc 3.3 and QT 3.3.6.

But.. I cannot start it.

I see that the final binary src/lyx is created. I start it with the
full path and get:

$ /path/to/src/lyx

FSGetCatalogInfo err = -35
FMActivateFonts err = -35
LyX: reconfiguring user directory
checking for a Latex2e program...

[snip]

+checking for package psnfss [times.sty]... yes
+Inspection done.
+Read the file doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx for more information.
creating packages.lst
creating doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx
LyX: Done!

Then it hangs and it shows nothing (no cpu activity).
If I run it again, I get only

$ /path/to/src/lyx
FSGetCatalogInfo err = -35
FMActivateFonts err = -35

I tried specifying different, fresh new userdir but it's the same.

I'm not familiar (as a developer) with Mac OS X "bundles". I see that
Lyx.app gets created, but by double clicking on it, I get an error
which translated in english is more or less
  "could not open the application because it is damaged"
I moved the file in /Applications but nothing changed.

Any suggestion?

--
Andrea Censi

Web: http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~censi
PGP key #569106B2 available on keyservers.