Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:37:55 -0700
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: please consolidate the documentation
From: Stephen Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ingo Klöcker wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2006 08:58 schrieb Martin A. Hansen:
[...]
In any case, I'm pretty sure we can discuss this to death. Some people prefer a several megabyte large HTML file and other people prefer the same information nicely split up into several HTML files per chapter or even section (with nice navigation buttons of course). While the first approach is only feasible for people with a fast internet connection the second approach is feasible for anyone.

There used to be a splitted HTML version of the doc.
I found this while googling for "lyx verbatim 1.4" :-)
http://www.lyx.org/~jug/lyx/lyxdoc/Extended/node6.html
It's lyx-1.1.6 apparently, 1.4 is the section number.

The toc is here:
http://www.lyx.org/~jug/lyx/lyxdoc

However a local indexing is needed (btw, lyx.org does not seem to be indexed)
as googling
retrieves a lot of noise.

Turning the doc into a wiki seems complicated, as only two levels are allowed,
but maybe there are
tools to do so ? The indexing problem is solved this way.

Wolfram's indexes are very detailed and I like the
hyperlink feature but I suppose that requires html.
http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/MainBook/Index/

This webpage index shows the 'see also' feature.
For instance "layouts" would probably have several 'see alsos'
and also appear in several references ->each given a short code,
which could be listed alphabetically with page numbers. I want
it to be detailed enough to provide clues to inexperienced users.
http://www.indexers.org.uk/site/index.htm

swish-e is supposed to be capable of indexing a Wiki.
Perhaps this categorizing scheme will be quite productive.

Regards,
Stephen

If layouts were mentioned in several documents