On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

If you're lucky, someone already did the implementation. My first place is
always the (German) page from Walter Schmidt, the PSNFSS maintainer, who
provides packages for a range of common commercial fonts, and the quality
of the metrics is very good: http://home.vr-web.de/was/fonts.html

Unfortunately, Baker Signet is not included. If you have to implement them
yourself, here are some pointers:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=instt1font
ftp://cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide/fontinstallationguide.pdf

Jürgen,

  Thank you very much. I'll look into all these fine suggestions just as
soon as I can make the time.

Rich