LB wrote:
Hello

I added the "echo" line in convertDefault.sh script. The following are the error message that I see:

filetools(getFormatFromContents)
       File type not recognised before EOF!
filetools(getFormatFromContents)
       Couldn't find a known format!
[...]
Token: 'filename'
Token: '\end_inset'
LoaderQueue: waking up
The font scaling factor is 129.6
LoaderQueue: 1 items in the queue
Recognised Fileformat: eps
[GrahicsCacheItem::convertToDisplayFormat]
       Attempting to convert image file: C:/<path>/test.ps
       with displayed filename: C:\<path>\test.ps
Recognised Fileformat: eps

       The file contains eps format data.
Unable to convert from eps to bmp
Unable to convert from eps to jpg
Unable to convert from eps to pbm
Unable to convert from eps to pgm
Unable to convert from eps to png
Unable to convert from eps to ppm
Unable to convert from eps to xbm
Unable to convert from eps to xpm
       Converting it to ppm format.
Converter c-tor:
       from_file:      C:/<path>/test.ps
to_file_base: C:/Documents and Settings/<your id here>/Temp/lyx_tmpdir2744a03372/test2744a03372
       from_format:  eps
       to_format:    ppm
build_script ... ready (edgepath.empty())
       No converter defined! I use convertDefault.sh
sh "C:/LyX/LyX1.4.2/Resources/scripts/convertDefault.sh" "eps:C:/<path>/test.ps" "ppm:C:/Documents and Settings/<your id here>/Temp/lyx_tmpdir2744a03372/test2744a03372.ppm"
ForkedCallQueue: waking up
LoaderQueue: I'm going to sleep
Converting eps:C:/<path>test.ps
                          ^
There's a missing separator (/) here. I'm guessing that's just a typo when you transcribed the output, but if not, it might be a clue.

 to ppm:C:/Documents and Settings/<your
id here>/Temp/lyx_tmpdir2744a03372/test2744a03372.ppm ...
AFPL Ghostscript 8.14 (2004-02-20)
Copyright (C) 2004 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.

Any clues?

Other than that one missing separator, everything looked good right up to the point where Ghostscript went stupid on you. I'm assuming that the path is correct (i.e., that C:\<path>\test.ps is really where test.ps is located). I don't know enough about ImageMagick and Ghostscript to know if there's any way to put either into a debug mode where we could see what was being passed to Ghostscript.

You said that commenting out the line in lyx.bat that set the aiksaurus environment variable fixed the problem, right? What happens if you leave that line in, and use lyx.bat, but hide the Lyx\aiksaurus folder? (An easy way to do this is to rename it to aiksaurus$.) That would tell us whether the bug actually involved any files in the aiksaurus folder.

Also, have you experienced this with any other Postscript image files?

Very mysterious.

/Paul