> Can you click the "Show Desktop" icon (or type Win-D, where Win is the
> Windows key) to minimize everything, then click the LyX button in the
> task bar and get to the dialog?

I can just as easily  Alt-Tab to the Lyx window or click on the taskbar.

It is an odd behavior to lose the error dialog under a window.

It gets buried because I tell Lyx to export pdf then switch to another
application.  The error dialog takes a while to pop up and ends up under
the other application.

I tried putting something like
"rm -f $$o; ps2pdf $$i $$o"
in my lyxrc.defaults for ps conversion to pdf.  This does not get executed
like a normal bash command for me so it does not act like two separate
commands.

I tried writing a single shell script that would remove the pdf before
calling ps2pdf but I now realize lyx is calling stuff in a sandbox /tmp
directory and then movinig the file to the working directory.  I see my
script executing, but the pdf in the working directory never gets erased
and I get the silly error dialog.