On Thursday 03 August 2006 09:33 am, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Niels Muller Larsen wrote:
> > Take a look at Dia (http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/)
>
>    Thank you all. Dia it is.

I've been using Dia for years. It's good.

When using Dia, I'd suggest you first get your fonts right with one box, and
then copy that box elsewhere. I know of no way to globally change fonts
(other than tweaking with Dia's native XML using Vim).

If you are ever interested in changing your drawing programatically, see this:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/tpromag/200103/200103.htm#_learningfromthemasters

I typically use Dia, and then as a final step convert to .gif before
incorporation in LyX or HTML. If you find a way to use native Dia files
directly in LyX (or HTML without requiring special browser plugins), please
let us know.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm