Rainer M Krug wrote:
Hi Helge

thanks a lot - I thought this would be the only option at the moment.

Therefore I have a question for a extension of the search / replace to
include options to including formating, i.e. emphasized, noun,
underlined. It would be of great help in e.g. biological articles where
species names have to be in italics / emphasized.
Sure, that would be nice.  Consider filing a wishlist bug at
bugzilla.lyx.org, unless someone have done so already. (Check for
it first.)

Actually, such a "formatted" search/replace should allow
replacing with anything that can be written in LyX, not only
character styles.  I imagine a dialog where the replace (and perhaps
the search) terms are small versions of the main window, so one can
write or paste anything there.  That should allow replacements containing
formatting, formulas, ERT, and anything.

There is work underway to make LyX support multiple open buffers,
as this makes it easy to edit several documents side by side
or have several views into the same document.
Once this happens, a full-functionality replace window becomes easy
as it would simply display a scratch buffer whose contents can be
auto-pasted into the real edit window whenever a match is found.

This "advanced/formatted" search+replace will not be easy until
the multiple buffers are in place though.

Helge Hafting