Hi,

For UML diagrams, consider taking a look at Gaphor which is a purpose built UML program that runs on Linux, Windows & Mac (using Python and GTK+).

It's also worth taking a look at Graphviz (dot, neato), especially if you think you might like to automate the production of your diagrams.

Cheers
JP

Rich Shepard wrote:
The last time I tried counting I found more than 17 different vector
drawing applications that are suitable for use with LaTeX/LyX documents.
I've used Tgif, Xfig, jpicedt, IDE, and PSTricks. Each has strengths and
weaknesses, so I use whichever seems to be the best for a particular type of
illustration.

What I want to draw now are software flowcharts that illustrate how a
model is structured and how data flow from one component to another. What
would be ideal is a set of primatives for various standard nodes: data
entry, decision points, printer, database storage, etc.

Does anyone know of any such library of pre-built images that can be
incorporated into a larger figure?

TIA,

Rich

--
John Pye
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering