>>To: Jean-Pierre Chretien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: LyX 1.4.2 is released
>>From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:37:46 +0200

>>Jean-Pierre> Then configure.py truncates this to the line beginning
>>Jean-Pierre> with "+".
>>
>>Jean-Pierre> So the problem is that the latex printout command wraps
>>Jean-Pierre> lines to 80 chars. That's why I wondered if this could be
>>Jean-Pierre> tuned to any value with a TeX command.
>>
>>Ahh, OK. I do not think we can tune this line length setting,
>>unfortunately. So the list of languages is wrong in configure output,
>>but is it correct in Help>LaTeX Configuration?

Exactly.

So the ways out seem to be
 - either to change the extraction syntax in configure.py from line oriented to
paragraph oriented (i.e. from one + xxxx line to the beginning of the next +
xxxxx line);
 - or to filter out the output of
cmdOutput(LATEX + ' wrap_chkconfig.ltx')
to remove newlines between lines beginning by +

A simpler way would be to point out to Help>LaTeX Configuration
in the reconfigure log,
+checking for available hyphenation patterns... see Help>LaTeX Configuration

It seems that currently the only real multiline message is about hyphenation
(there is an extra line giving the graphics.cfg path, which can by bypassed).

--
Jean-Pierre