Hi,
I have tryed to build a completely statical version of LyX, in order to
be able to run it on linux platforms that lack several libraries
(precisely I was lacking libXinerama.so.1), and could not be upgraded
due to minimal hard disk space.

I have tryed several different configuration, and command line arguments
for ./configure but anytime I put the "-static" option in either CFLAGS,
CXXFLAGS or LDFLAGS it cannot find qt libraries anymore.

I have also trued to get some inspiration from the instruction to build
LyX non cygwin, that, if I understood correctly, is statically linked.

Yes, I have installed qt3-static.

Even if I have some prohramming experience I am not a programmer, so I
am stuck; the configure script is far too messy for me to try other tricks.

Do you know if there is any way to build a statica LyX? There has been
any prior effort to do it?

Bye and thanks

--
Lorenzo `paulatz' Paulatto
Trieste

``Grandissima mi par l'inezia di coloro che vorrebbero che Iddio avesse
fatto l'universo più proporzionato alla piccola capacità del lor discorso.''
     --Galileo Galilei (Opere VII)

 Sponsor:

 Le speciali Offerte di Benvenuto di Cassine di Pietra:

* scopra il gusto ed i vantaggi delle tradizioni contadine

*

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3924&d=23-8