>>To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>From: "Paul A. Rubin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: Centering Spacing
>>Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:46:40 -0400
>>
>>Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:
[...]
>>I think you're right about centering automatically adding a small amount
>>of vertical space, but what Bruce encountered (and I can confirm) is a
>>change in LyX behavior.  In LyX 1.4.2, the LyX->LaTeX conversion inserts
>>a \par inside each centering environment, which LyX 1.3.7 does not.  My
>>vote would be that 1.3.7's behavior was correct.

1.3.7 and 1.4.2 layouts are alike here, I don't know why this \par (blank line)
has been added
(but a LaTeX guru must know :-)

Take a look at the letter template: you will see that flushed environments
(which
have the same "displayed paragraph" property as center, quote, tabbing,...)
are structured with linebreaks.

--
Jean-Pierre