This is a LaTeX rather than LyX question. Concerning the quality of the output -- specifically for printing LaTeX and eps files, but also more generally -- what would be the difference between printer A and printer B, if A is described as having "standard postscript support," while B, under "printer fonts," says "26 scalable fonts" but there's nothing about postscript support. We will be getting a new printer for the department of mathematics, and we'll need good reasons if we ask for the more expensive printer A.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce