Thanks for the help, that worked nicely for the chapter vertical space.
Now how to I modify the vertical space for the other sections? I tried
these commands with no success.

\renewcommand*{\othersectionlevelsendvskip}{\vspace*{0pt}}
\renewcommand*{\othersectionlevelsheadendvskip}{\vspace*{0pt}}

Thanks again,
Bob