On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Eran Kaplinsky wrote:

I have a text file (no graphics) that I try to export to .pdf with
pdflatex.  (I am using the Microtype package.) The .pdf file is produced
in the temporary folder, but Acrobat Reader tells me "the file is damaged
and could not be repaired". I can export the file to .pdf with other
methods, only pdflatex fails. Any ideas?

Eran,

  When I get this message it is because I have an incorrect closing mark
with the embedded LaTeX (ERT). For example, I may have typed a '|' instead
of a '}'. In other words, it's a syntactical error.

Rich