Switching to the lyx.devel list.
pol wrote:
> I have noticed that inner level text lines do not auto indent.
> E.g., as a new line is entered at the second level 'itemize' environment,
> that is assigned the first level 'itemize' environment.
> The same for 'standard' environment: Entering new line at a nested level
> brings you back to the first level, while i would expect a new line at the
> current one.
> I think this is a lyx weakness. Can we expect improvements on this side,
> in next releases?

What is mostly annoying is that, adding a new line in the middle of an
indented text, the whole text below gets automatically indented down.
See the enclosed test lyx file to check out.

--
Pol

--- enc

#LyX 1.4.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 245
\begin_document
\begin_header
\textclass article
\begin_preamble
\usepackage{lastpage}
\usepackage{listings}
\usepackage[nice]{nicefrac}
\usepackage[official]{eurosym}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{ae,aecompl}
\usepackage{mathptmx}% instead of package times
\usepackage[scaled=0.92]{helvet} % or [scaled=0.92], if you like
\usepackage{courier}
\usepackage{nameref}
\usepackage[ps2pdf,urlcolor=blue,a4paper, pdftitle={Title of PDF-Document},
colorlinks=true]{hyperref}

\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\lhead{ \footnotesize {\bf \itshape }  }
\chead{ }
\rhead{~\footnotesize \itshape \today}
\lfoot{  { \scriptsize {\TeX / \itshape{LyX} } document~~  ~~~ {\scriptsize
\jobname}  \scriptsize  } }
\cfoot{  }
\rfoot{ {   \thepage\   /  \pageref{LastPage}} }

\newcommand {\D}{\displaystyle}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.0pt}
\end_preamble
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize 12
\spacing single
\papersize a4paper
\use_geometry true
\use_amsmath 1
\cite_engine basic
\use_bibtopic false
\paperorientation portrait
\leftmargin 2.2cm
\topmargin 2cm
\rightmargin 2.9cm
\bottommargin 2cm
\headheight 0cm
\headsep 1.5cm
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation skip
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default
\bullet 0 0 9 -1
\bullet 1 0 10 -1
\tracking_changes false
\output_changes true
\end_header

\begin_body

\begin_layout Itemize
one line
\end_layout

\begin_deeper
\begin_layout Itemize
one line
\end_layout

\begin_deeper
\begin_layout Itemize
one line
\end_layout

\begin_layout Itemize
one line
\end_layout

\begin_deeper
\begin_layout Itemize
one line
\end_layout

\begin_deeper
\begin_layout Standard
indented line -
\series bold
insert
\series default
 new line
\series bold
at the end
\series default
 of this line (all the following text will be indented down)
\end_layout

\end_deeper
\end_deeper
\begin_layout Itemize