Hi,
in the extended user guide it is recommended for longer documents books thesis
etc. to have every chapter in a separate document and the put them all together
in a master document via Insert -> File -> Input.
So far that works.

Since I am using bibtex I want to ask for a hint.

Let's say I am currently working on chapter 1 and need to include bibtex
references there. Where do I put the literature?

If I put it only in the master document the bibtex-file is not processed when I
only diplay a dvi of chapter 1.

So shall I include the bixtex at the bootom of each chapter and then delete it
when the content is written and leave it only at the end of the master document?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Tim