Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

Could you try to play with the ordering of the various bits in the
preamble of the TeX file? One reason why we do not support hyperref
directly yet is that loading order seems to be difficult to get right.

there's not much to play with. if I load hyperref in the preamble, I get
everything correct until it comes to the \ref{alg:<label>} command, where I
get the "undefined control sequence" error message, as if hyperref
overwrites the alg mechanism but not the other label/references.

Juergen Spitzmueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

I still don't understand. Please send me a stripped down version of the

document privately.

I attach a sample file in the following. as you can see the label/references
mechanism works fine until the alg stuff.

I hope this helps, and you can help me. Regards,
Diego

- - - - - - - LyX Sample File - - - - - - - -

#LyX 1.4.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 245
\begin_document
\begin_header
\textclass book
\begin_preamble
\usepackage[bookmarks]{hyperref}
\end_preamble
\language italian
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize default
\use_geometry false
\use_amsmath 1
\cite_engine basic
\use_bibtopic false
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default
\tracking_changes false
\output_changes false
\end_header

\begin_body

\begin_layout Title
Alg label test
\end_layout

\begin_layout Chapter
Test
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
This is a test for compatibility of the hyperref package with the alg
package.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
This is a figure
\begin_inset LatexCommand \ref{fig:Sample-figure}

\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
\begin_inset Float figure
wide false
sideways false
status open

\begin_layout Standard
\begin_inset Graphics
   filename Immagine.bmp

\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_layout Caption
\begin_inset LatexCommand \label{fig:Sample-figure}

\end_inset

Sample figure
\end_layout

\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
This is an algorithm
\begin_inset LatexCommand \ref{alg:Test}

\end_inset

.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
\begin_inset Float algorithm
wide false
sideways false
status open

\begin_layout Caption
\begin_inset LatexCommand \label{alg:Test}

\end_inset

Test
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard