On Sep 25, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Neal Becker wrote:

Bob Lounsbury wrote:

[...]
What has worked best for me is to do as you said in step 5 and ensure
that all the standard environments are on default settings and do an
export to rtf from within LyX. Opening the rtf in Word there are a
few formatting concerns, but it is easy enough to correct them
quickly and send the file out to my advisor.

No export to rtf in my LyX(1.4.3).  What am I missing?

If I remember correctly I had to specifically install 'latex2rtf' from within Fink then do a Tools>Reconfigure in LyX to enable this option.

-Bob