uwe wrote:

> The work itself was very interesting! Now we want put the cd on a Berlios
> download-place. This is the reason for this mail. Are there any law issues
> we have to look for before we can put lyx on this cd ?

Ask your lawyer. You have to check the licenses of all included components.
At least for LyX itself you must also provide the source code including all
modifications you possibly made (that can be on the cd, or in some other
form, read the GPL). Of course this also holds for the cds you already gave
to the students, so if you did not do so already please tell them where
they can get the sources (including all modifications you might have made).
If you did not do any modifications then it is IIRC enough to include a link
to the LyX ftp server somewhere on the cd, but, as usual: IANAL.

Georg