On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:08:18 +0200
Georg Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't call latex yourself, use the needaux flag in the extra flags field.
> Unfortunately there is no real solution for the bibtex problem, but as a
> workaround you can run view->update postscript just before exporting. Then
> the bibtex files will be generated.

It took its time and I had a look at what this did.  It made eps files from the
jpegs, while taking ~50 MB for the five jpeg images.

> In the long term we should introduce a
> needbbl flag for the converters.
>
> >> And I am wondering why we
> >> don't serach for latex2rtf by default.
> >
> > so am I!
>
> I will add it if you can confirm that the converter entry
>
> \converter latex rtf "latex2rtf -p -S -o $$o $$i" "needaux"
>
> works for you.

OK,  what happened was:

a perfect rtf was made!  :-)

but the output was
(Not set):1 Only a single file can be processed at a time
(Not set):1 Error!  Type "latex2rtf -h" for help

so I changed the command to "latex2rtf -p -S $$i" with "needaux" as the
extraflag.

restarted LyX and opened the file and just ran the conversion,  no error and a
perfect rtf with correct bibliography!  no need to view->update postscript as
it seems latex2rtf only needed "needaux" to make the .bbl and aux.

So no need for the "needbbl" flag for latex4rtf, it works well with what is
already available.

Many thanks for your help

cheers

Russell