Rich Shepard wrote:
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Paul Smith wrote:

You have perhaps a better solution, Rich:

1. insert '$\mu$' in your figure;
2. select 'Special flag' and 'Use LaTeX fonts' for  '$\mu$';
3. insert your Xfig picture in your LyX document with Insert -> File
-> External material (Xfig's Template).

There is no need to convert your xfig picture to an eps one, as LyX knows quite well how to operate the needed conversions by itself regarding xfig
files.

Paul,

Thank you. I'll have to see if I can set these as defaults for each image. And, I'll need to test whether my LyX installation will directly import .fig
files.
You need to also have the "fig2dev" conversion program, and a lyx
recent enough to have "external insets". .fig support have been
in lyx for a while though!

But, does it matter if we directly import a .fig or we export the image to
.eps and insert that format?
Well, if you change document font then text in the .fig follows,
if you use "latex fonts".  That can be nice.  Also, if you
change the .fig file, then lyx pick up this automatically.  No
need to remember to do the conversion.

Helge Hafting