>>To: Timothy Reaves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: URL question (also links, xref)
>>From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:53:02 +0200

>>The real reason why it is not done yet is that there can be many cases
>>of incompatibility between hyperref and other packages, where
>>everything breaks down when someone uses the packages in the wrong
>>order. This is a can of worm we have been reluctant to open. Also, if
>>LyX loads hyperref automatically, it may be in conflict with other
>>packages that use it with different options (am I right?).

Semms that it works like babel: no clash if hyperref is called without options.
(for hyperref users, like beamer addicts, the \hypersetup command allows to
redefine
hyperref package option without clash).

Il seems that the problem is with documents which clash when
\usepackage{hyperref} is added
to a working stuff (e.g., to get hypertexted pdf).

>>But I agree that something needs to be done.

What about loading hyperref only if the Name field is filled up, or if
the checkbox is checked ?
Or upon a global setting of the behaviour of the URL inset (see bug 2268).

If a clash happens, the user has just to revert to the \url export.

--
Jean-Pierre