Hi list,

This message relates my previous message
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg53761.html

and Richard Heck's reply

> I think the following message answers this question, more or less:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg51387.html.
>
> Richard

thanks for your reply.
I looked up your solution and it does not seem to work.
I still haven't got a way to make instant preview work in child documents. In
fact,
even a more basic task fails:
Here is what I did:

1.Create
macrofile.lyx
containing only a macro corresponding to \newcommand{\mymac}{\sum}
and another math mode line in which the macro is tested

2.Create
mainfile.lyx
containing an "input" file inclusion of macrofile.lyx and another line in which
the
\mymac macro is used.

3.Quit LyX & Restart LyX.

4.open macrofile.lyx. In fact, here, instant preview works!

5.open mainfile.lyx. Here, instant preview fails.

Nonetheless, the document does compile correctly to DVI.
(both files are "article" document class, and are attached to this mail)

I am using LyX 1.4.3 on SuSE Linux 10.1

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for any help, Nils