This was recently discussed and I thought (hoped) I would never have to do
it and never followed closely.  I did search the lyx-users archive back to
early August '06 without luck. (Social Forces requires manuscripts only as
MS Word docs!)

The pretty-good solutions I think of require error-inviting fix-ups. The
best I find is latex2rtf, and rtf import to openoffice, then cut and past
the bibliography as text and hand fix. However, this leaves documentation
as bibtex index terms. Is there a postscript to rtf tool? I found one
commercial converter. While I am no purist re open source, I won't buy
software to use once or twice.

Has anyone found an elegant and complete unix solution (perhaps an rtf
<DEVICE> for gs)? I fear that in the social sciences (and possibly
humanities) more and more journals will see no problem treating word as a
"standard." If so, those of us who stick with 'nix tools will need the
conversion.

Thank you.

--
Mark Hansel