On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:42:55 -0500
"Reuben D. Budiardja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
> When working with math formula in equation array mode, I found out that my
> equation is too long on the page. I want to break it to two lines. Is there a
> way do that ? All my equations are numbered (with label), when breaking long
> equation into two lines, the first line should not be numbered.

Using the split or gathered environments may do what you want,
or use eqnarray (multiline equation) and do Alt-m shift-n to suppress numbering
on the current line (lyx uses eqnarray* which doesn't number equations by
default so you will probably need to start with Alt-M n to number all lines and
then suppress numbering on the lines you want)