On Nov 11, 2006, at 11:03 AM, John B. Egger wrote:

Using 1.3.4 from the Xandros Linux repository (I know it's old but I don't have 1.4.3 successfully installed yet):

I'm trying to insert a graphic (.eps) into the text, with text wrapping on its left. When I choose Insert|Floats|Floatflt Figure, I can paste Ascii text into the resulting box and my main text wraps around it just fine. When I insert a graphic, though, it appears in the document but when I try to view it (dvi) I get two error boxes:

Paragraph ended before [EMAIL PROTECTED] was complete.
}
     \end{floatingfigure}%
I suspect you've forgotten a `}', causing me to apply this
control sequence to too much text. How can we recover?
My plan is to forget the whole thing and hope for the best.

...and...

Argument of [EMAIL PROTECTED] has an extra }.
}
     \end{floatingfigure}%
I've run across a `}' that doesn't seem to match anything.
For example, `\def\a#1{...}' and `\a}' would produce
this error. If you simply proceed now, the `\par' that
I've just inserted will cause me to report a runaway
argument that might be the root of the problem. But if
your `}' was spurious, just type `2' and it will go away.

I'm a total novice with LyX. If I could view the commands referred to in the error boxes I might be able to fix these problems but can't even figure out how to do that.

--
--John
Registered Linux User #291592

I had never used the wrap figure function, so I played around with it a little. I couldn't reproduce your error message, but I had trouble with inserting a picture and it actually didn't show up (although text would show up) in the pdf file until ...... I set the picture size to match the wrap figure size. The default was 50 col% on my machine. Give that a try and it may just work.

Bob