I unwisely installed LyX 1.4.3 in my /home/john/Downloads directory, and ./configure gave an error that libz can't be found and to make sure zlib is installed properly. Although I went ahead with "make" anyway, and LyX 1.4.3 is running, what should I do about this zlib issue? (/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib show libz files; just to be sure, I DL'd zlib from zlib.net and installed it.) I guess I've created kind of a mess here, but should I reinstall zlib in the same directory as LyX, or create a path to it? Or reinstall LyX to /usr/share or wherever it's supposed to go? [I'm using Xandros Linux (a debian-based distribution).]

--John
Registered Linux User #291592