Helmut Elbers wrote:

> LyXTextClassList::Read: unable to find textclass file  `'. Exiting.
>
> How can I fix this? Thanks,

If either of the suggestions I posted works for you, please let the list
know.  You are the second person this month to post the problem, and I
doubt you will be the last.
This problem appeared on my computer since LYX 1.3.7. You can find the solution here: http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyX137 . But LYX 1.4.3 has got a python installation script, so you don't need MSYS for this any more. Double clicking the file x:\path_to_LYX\Resources\configure.py started the script and solved the problem for me.

It worked! Thanks :-D