On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:00:49 +0100 (MET)
Jean-Pierre Chretien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It might come from two tetex subpackages not being in sync.
> Upgrade is advisable before reporting I guess.

Well, debian's package descriptions don't explicitly list which versions of
babel and amsart are used, but as far as I could see the difference between
the "testing" version which I have been using, and the "unstable" version,
which is newer, is only a minor-number version change.

> You might install texlive if the problem remains. The texlive packaging has
> been reviewed before it entered Debian/etch in june, and texlive|tetex
> have been made equivalent in LyX dependencies.

Just installed it.  This replaces the tetex distribution.  texlive definitely
fixes the problem, and it is also a screamingly fast-compiling tex.  Very
nice.

Thanks for the suggestion.  This beats trying to upgrade just a piece of the
tex distribution by snagging archives from CTAN, which for all I know would
screw something else up.

--

David L. Johnson

   __o   | And what if you track down these men and kill them, what if you
 _`\(,_  | killed all of us?  From every corner of Europe, hundreds,
(_)/ (_) | thousands would rise up to take our places.  Even Nazis can't
           kill that fast.  -- Paul Henreid (Casablanca).