Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> Gmane User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>
>> You solution of installing tetex-extra from cygwin works magically.  It now
>> takes seconds to do
>> View->pdflatex from Lyx.  It hasn't solved the scrbook problem, but I'm sure
>> that's just a matter of
>> googling the class and installing it in the tetex directory structure.  (I've
>> installed a few packages on
>> the tetex tree already, so I'm not too fazed by that).  Thanks alot!!!
>
> I am sure that after you reconfigure LyX (Tools->Reconfigure) the scrbook
> problem will also magically disappear :)

Wow.  This is all very awesome.  After the reconfiguration, the user-guide
compiled in a short amount of time and even the hyerlinks work.  A quick google
shows that tetex-extra contains hyperref already.  Amazing.  Before moving to
Lyx, I invested quite some time learning about tetex to install packages for
LaTeX (to make a document template work).  Ah well, the learning will be
useful, I'm sure.

Thanks again for you help, Enrico.