On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:00:37 -0500
Cynthia Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I try to install LyX on Mac OS X by using the LyX installer, I
> get  the following error message:
>
> sh: line 1: python: command not found (127)
>
>  From the terminal I type:
>
> which python
>
> /usr/local/bin/python
>
> which latex
>
> /usr/TeX/bin/powerpc-darwin/latex
>
> which pdflatex
>
> /usr/TeX/bin/powerpc-darwin//pdflatex
>
> When I try to run LyX without using the installer, it cannot find my
> home TeX directory, and hence I cannot user the view option.  I have
> added the path to the preferences and reconfigured LyX, but that does
> not work.

Can anyone help me here? This is a bit frustrating to get no resposne.

I can fix the sh script if someone could just send me it. The problem is
that I can't open the sh script itself because because it is embedded in
a [EMAIL PROTECTED] applescript.

Likewise, I could do manuaully what the sh script does if someone just
tells me what that is.

I will start another thread on the third possiblity, which is simply
configuring LyX itslef.

Paul