Paul JH Drake wrote:
Hi
I'm currently writing my thesis with Lyx and having some problems with the spacing of itemised lists. At the moment, lists appear to be automatically spaced to fill the empty space on a page, so I get some lists that look fine and others with only 3 items spanning an entire A4 page.
That happens with a 2-side layout when some page only
contains 3 items.

Ir happens with 2-side layouts only, because in those every page
is supposed to be equally long. Otherwise, they look stupid
next to each other when the book is open.

Now of course this looks stupid with a 3-item list. But then, something strange
is going on if latex isn't putting more than that on the page.

If this happens very rarely, try putting a vertical spacing of the fill type
under your three-item list.  This should fill in the page (with nothing)
and your list will not be stretched out any more.
You find this on the insert menu, no need for any packages.
If you have an old lyx without this, put in the latex command
\vfill{}

Helge Hafting