On 7 Dec, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Bennett Helm wrote:

On Dec 7, 2006, at 6:49 PM, Stefano Franchi wrote:

It has never worked for me either (Bennett, you may remember we discussed this issue some time ago). I am on MacOs 10.3.9, and have been using LyX since 1.3.5 or .6, I think. Never got the accents. Notice that the accents work in the Qt dialogs and in the mini-buffer--they don't work in the main editing window. I seem to remember one developer explaining to me that that's because LyX does additional processing on the latter case. Apparently that's what screws up the Mac "insert-key" accents. The single-key accents work fine: å, ºª•¶§∞¢ etc.

I have come to rely on the mini-buffer method: mini-buffer, a, tab, select accent with arrow, enter, letter, enter. Cumbersome, but better than having ERT every other words (as when typing French)

Yes, I remember. You could always switch to the Dvorak keyboard! ;)

I am afraid that would pose some challenges on a laptop....

The good news is that this is not a problem in developmental builds of LyX 1.5.0. The bad news is that it won't be out for a while.

This is very good news indeed! I am looking forward to 1.5.

Stefano

Bennett

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64)  9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-8768
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand