Hello, I'm relatively new to LyX, but have been using it easily and with great results for the last couple of months. Until I've tried to embed graphics, that is.

Here is the problem: I embed a graphic using (as recommended in the User's Guide) Insert-> Floating-> Floatflt Figure and then, inside the box, Insert-> Image. The image shows into the document all right but, when I try to see a DVI, I get 5 errors:

***************************Error No1*******************

LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in /tmp/lyx_tmpdir11840vKK27Z/l
...ntos_Teoría_de_Juegos_1ejercicio1b.eps}}
                                                 \end{floatingfigure}%
Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.

************************Error No 2***********************

LaTeX Error: File `/tmp/lyx_tmpdir11840vKK27Z/lyx_tmpbuf3/1_home_manolo_Docum
...ntos_Teoría_de_Juegos_1ejercicio1b.eps}}
                                                 \end{floatingfigure}%
Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.

************************Error No 3***********************

Missing $ inserted.
...ntos_Teoría_de_Juegos_1ejercicio1b.eps}}
                                                 \end{floatingfigure}%
I've inserted a begin-math/end-math symbol since I think
you left one out. Proceed, with fingers crossed.

************************Error No 4***********************
Paragraph ended before [EMAIL PROTECTED] was complete.
...ntos_Teoría_de_Juegos_1ejercicio1b.eps}}
                                                 \end{floatingfigure}%
I suspect you've forgotten a `}', causing me to apply this
control sequence to too much text. How can we recover?
My plan is to forget the whole thing and hope for the best.

************************Error No 5***********************
Argument of [EMAIL PROTECTED] has an extra }.
...ntos_Teoría_de_Juegos_1ejercicio1b.eps}}
                                                 \end{floatingfigure}%
I've run across a `}' that doesn't seem to match anything.
For example, `\def\a#1{...}' and `\a}' would produce
this error. If you simply proceed now, the `\par' that
I've just inserted will cause me to report a

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg07016.html

I don't know what info do you need to help me with this. My LyX is installed in an Ubuntu Dapper box, and, if I start Lyx with the command "lyx-qt -dbg graphics" I get the following output (and then it starts normally):

Estableciendo nivel de depuración a graphics
Depurando `graphics' (Carga y conversión de gráficos)
Recognised Fileformat: ppm
[GrahicsCacheItem::convertToDisplayFormat]
       Attempting to convert image file: /usr/share/lyx/images/banner.ppm
       with displayed filename: /usr/share/lyx/images/banner.ppm
Recognised Fileformat: ppm

       The file contains ppm format data.

The image loader can load the following directly:
BMP
GIF
JPEG
MNG
PBM
PGM
PNG
PPM
XBM
XPM

Of these, LyX recognises the following formats:
bmp, gif, jpg, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, xbm, xpm

       No conversion needed (from == to)!
just Loaded.
pixmap isNull 0 xformed_pixmap_ isNull 0
Image loading succeeded.
GraphicsImage::getScaledDImensions()
       params.scale       : 100
       width              : 425
       height             : 290
pixmap isNull 0 xformed_pixmap_ isNull 0
setPixmap()

Thanks for your help.
Manolo