Hi,
I've recently been using "tex2lyx" (lyx-1.4.3) to lyx'ify a revtex4 file.
I have noticed some inconveniences:
1. the current LyX does not understand:
        \email[optional text]{e-mail address}
   (The "[optional text]" breaks LyX, note that also "\homepage",
   "\altaffiliation", and some another commands, can have it.)
2. the current LyX does not understand:
        \appendix*
   (In general, if there are several appendices, one uses "\appendix" to
   mark all following sections as appendices. However, if there is only
   one, single appendix, then "\appendix*" should be used - in this case
   the "appendix letter" in the section heading will be suppressed.)
3. although LyX always (unconditionally) displays "\pacs{...}" and
   "\keywords{...}" macros in the LyX window, they appear in the generated
   dvi/ps files ONLY if the "showpacs" and " showkeys" options are
   MANUALLY added to the document's "Extra Options" (I believe this is
   nowhere documented)
4. although I can choose between "One-" and "Two-" Column output in
   LyX (in the document's settings), I haven't found the corresponding
   switch for "preprint" - one needs to do both: (a) select "One-Column"
   and (b) MANUALLY add "preprint" option to document's "Extra Options"
   (again, I believe this is nowhere documented)
5. "tex2lyx" does not "convert" tex characters well. Take for example
   "\l{}". Such character is always marked as "ERT[ \l ] ERT[ {} ]"
   (note that there are TWO ERTs generated). Of course, if one deletes
   these two ERTs in LyX, one can insert the proper "\l{}" character in
   LyX MANUALLY (I mean, one gets the proper character displayed on in
   the LyX window as character, without ERT, using the "european.kmap" it
   would be either "hugarian_umlaut l" or "acute l" in the old version).
Hope it helps,
Best regards,
Jacek.