On 13 Dec, 2006, at 5:13 PM, Andre Poenitz wrote:

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:04:21AM -0600, Stefano Franchi wrote:
Closing the minibuffer automatically is (would be) best for those of us with limited screen real estate. I only use LyX on a 12" powerbook, and every pixel is precious. Next to best would be changing the behavior of
Alt-x to toggle-minibuffer, as suggested. Certainly less awkward than
right clicking and selecting the right option, especially on a Mac,
when right-clicking means ctrl-click.

Where would 'merging status line an minibuffer' rank on your list?

Hmmm--never thought of this---intriguing. I'd say my preferences would be ranked:

1.  can be toggled on/off
2. the merged status line/minibuffer is fixed (but ui-file configurabel)
3. the minibuffer can be toggled

S.

Andre'

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64)  9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-8768
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand