Paul A. Rubin schrieb:

One small problem remains: when I made the change, my personal dictionary ended up in C:\Aspell\Personal\ despite the path I gave LyX in Tools -> Preferences... -> Language settings -> Spellchecker -> Perosnal dictionary (C:\Documents and Settings\what a handome guy I am\Application Data\Aspell\en.pws).

For me the *.pws files are created in "C:\Documents and Settings". It seems that you have already an older Aspell installed because the ones that come with the last installers are by default installed in C:\Documents and Settings. C:\Aspell was the install directory of former Aspell versions.

regards Uwe