Jürgen Spitzmüller schrieb:

> Can you post export to LaTeX and post that? I don't get the error, but it
> looks like babel is not loaded in your case.

Ok I stripped it down some more, it only relates to Spanish now, not
mixing languages. Below is the lyx file and the latex export. Same error.

So I have the language in the document settings set to Spanish, and in
tools (werkzeuge)->language settings I have ticked the "use babel" box,
and some other boxes. Nothing is written in the text fields in those
language settings. Should there be? (However, writing German and English
 works fine, AFAICS.)

Btw, I don't expect a quick answer today ;-)
thanks,
sven

#LyX 1.4.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 245
\begin_document
\begin_header
\textclass article
\language spanish
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize a4paper
\use_geometry false
\use_amsmath 1
\cite_engine basic
\use_bibtopic false
\paperorientation portrait
\leftmargin 3cm
\topmargin 3cm
\rightmargin 3cm
\bottommargin 3cm
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language polish
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default
\tracking_changes false
\output_changes false
\end_header

\begin_body

\begin_layout Standard
hola
\end_layout

\end_body
\end_document

%% LyX 1.4.3 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[a4paper,spanish]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

\makeatletter

\deactivatetilden