Andrew Diederich schrieb:

  I just installed LyX 1.4.3-5 on windows XP, with the bundle so I
made sure to get miktek installed, etc. However, when I open a new
file with the hollywood template, I get an error message:

The document uses a missing TeX class "hollywod". LyX will not be able
to produce output.

Copy the file "hollywod.cls" somewhere to a subfolder of MiKTeX's installation folder and then refresh MiKTeX file name database using the program MiKTeX Options. Then reconfigure LyX.

When you install LyX using this installer:

http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller

this is done for you automatically in the background while installing LyX.

regards Uwe