Santiago>  The problem is that I can't paste "-" characters. I mean, I
Santiago> paste under LyX-Code the following source code:

Santiago> #!/bin/sh QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild` NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
Santiago> exec softlimit -m 3000000 \ (...)

Santiago>  Then I select View -> DVI and I get the following error in
Santiago> each of the - (minus) signs of the above code:

Santiago> " Bad character code (-1)

Santiago> QMAILDUID=`id~-u ~qmaild` A character number must be between
Santiago> 0 and 255. I changed this one to zero. "

Santiago>  (The same error for each of the "-" signs in my code).

Santiago>  If I remember correctly, I've used "-" signs in my source
Santiago> code into the "Lyx-Code" environment for years and I never
Santiago> got this message ...

Santiago>  Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? :?

What you are doing wrong is write in Spanish :)

The Spanish mode makes the ~ character active so that people can type
~n for ñ and stuff like that. This is unfortunately not compatible
with LyX-Code where hard spaces are output as ~.

Try to add \noshorthandsspanish in the preamble.

JMarc