On Jan 16, 2007, at 3:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Jens Noeckel wrote:

Jamie,
good to know the setup is basically working now. For HTML export, all I can say is that I only do that from the command line (since LyX to me is simply an editor, not a swiss army knife), and tex4ht works fine for me. Just in case you want to revisit it later:

Jens, You've got me interested so I'm trying it again -- from the command line. The problem is that I obviously need and can't find documentation. Executing tex4ht gives some basic info but not enough for me to get it to work. It seems to want a .dvi file. So I tried running one of those and it creates a few files which to me are cryptic, and no .html files.

I searched for documentation and came up with a .info file. But it seems to be for texinfo -- to which I'm sure tex4ht is related in some way. But in searching that doc I come up with nothing on tex4ht in particular. Am I looking in the right place? Also there's no man file -- at least that fink installed.

Looks like it's quite powerful based on what I can glean and the extensive library that comes with it. But I can't get to 1st base. Can you point to a starting place?

thanks much,
jamie

Jamie,
there is documentation at the home page
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn.html
A tutorial that I've actually used a lot is the paper by Popineau linked in the "References" section of that page (it's written in French and in LaTeX, so if you know one or both of these languages, it helps).

But since I've always wanted to do so anyway, I've put together a simple example on the following page:
http://www.uoregon.edu/~noeckel/tex4ht.html

Hope this helps,
Jens